Safe engine handling in overhaul facilities (JPC's) and test beds
Besides access solutions for MRO and aircraft painting, CTI’s scope also includes safe installations for engine handling in MRO and test centers.
CTI patented track
In numerous facilities CTI Systems successfully installed patented monorail track and carrier systems for handling of aircraft engines, both in engine overhaul (JPC) and engine test facilities (test bed). It proved as the ideal equipment for these applications, due to overhead transport of aircraft engines in easy and safe manner.
Either roof supported or floor mounted gantry design, the customized systems allow transfer of engine components or completed assembly. Both design variants provide either manual or semi-automated operation.
CTI supply range
- Motorized transfer cranes with interlockings for in-hall transport
- Twin hoist carriers and CTI-patent monorail gantry systems for engine transport
- PLC-operated slewing cranes for engine orientation and alignments
- Manual workstations, individual height adjustable for optimized access
- Jigs and handling devices for engine work stations
- Work platforms for engine test runs
all appropriate for dismantling / re-assembly lines in JPC's (Jet Propulsion Centers) or for engine preparation and test runs in engine test beds.
Manual workstations, jigs and special handling devices can be provided to fulfil customer’s "single source" request on complete systems.
Areas of operations
Individual system components can be applied either for single work stations or alternatively configured to an overall integrated transfer and workstation concept.
The following areas within JPC's and test beds are being supported:
- Preparation area
- Test bed
- Entry station
- Hospital bays
- Transfer spurs (mono or bi-rail system)
- Dismantling and re-assembly lines with engine strip facility
- Transfer bridges or travel ways (by mono or bi-rail system)
- Lift stations