A stacked storage system is a cost-efficient, compact, simple – yet highly effective – method of storing long profiles in bundles or within various types of cassette. Suitable for manufacturing facilities in all industry sectors, it is an ideal solution for small or medium-sized storage and dispatch systems.
Typically, systems are built 5 to7 levels high and most projects are not restricted by the weight of the products to be stored. Ground level picking locations are accessed directly, while upper levels are reached by a shuttle that automatically raises or lowers the operator platform to the correct position within the system from where pre-programmed order batches can be retrieved in safety and comfort.
Warehouse management system (WMS) software interfaces with the user’s manufacturing system or ERP software to control inventory movement and organise product flow to optimise storage and retrieval performance.
A stacked storage system offers:
- The most compact storage solution;
- A storage capacity ranging from 50 to more than 300 stillage locations;
- Compatibility with buildings with an eaves height of 5.5 metres or more;
- Single or multiple stacking rows;
- A modular, flexible and scalable design that can be adapted to keep pace with a business’s changing needs.