A well-proven solution used by companies operating across a wide range of industry sectors worldwide, high density honeycomb systems allow large quantities of long items to be stored safely and efficiently. And, because honeycomb solutions provide direct access to the product, the storage and retrieval process is highly efficient, which makes this type of system the ideal option at facilities where optimum cycle times are required.
The main characteristics of a honeycomb storage system are:
- High storage density
- A capacity of 800 to 8000 storage locations
- Optimum throughput rates
Honeycomb storage projects offer various design options. For example:
- Systems can be supplied in single or double-sided aisle formats;
- The system’s flexibility allows the most suitable configuration of storage and retrieval machines to be deployed as well as single or double-swap tables if required;
- Free-standing, roof- and wall-bearing construction options guarantee maximum design flexibility within existing buildings or new-build units;
- Partitioned cassettes give users additional system adaptability;
- Systems can be adapted to any length of profile – from standard size to 24 metres;
Dedicated stock management software ensures pick accuracy.